Senior Network Engineer
Vacancy ID: 7531
Main Location: LCC - Elephant and Castle, London UK
Salary: £39,275.00 - £47,120.00 per annum
Closing date: December 10, 2021 11:55 pm
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide full network support, configuration, implementation and management across the University’s network. You will answer escalated technical queries and problems and will bring network best practice to the team. And will support the smooth running of integration and delivery of IT services across the University.
Why choose us?
The University Of The Arts London is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and comprises of 6 globally renowned colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place of work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
Your profile should include –
- Proven experience of networking and WIFI in a large complex environment is essential for the position
- A CCNA/CCNP certification is required as a minimum
- Experience of working across multi-site and within production, development and test environments
- Experience of enterprise level design, LANs, WANs and configuring VPN’s
- Strong experience with Cisco routers/switches, WIFI, and Check Point Firewalls will be highly desirable
- Experience of designing, configuring, managing IPS/IS and URL web filtering products as well as TCP/IP would be beneficial but not essential
- Any experience of Linux, VMware, Voice would be desirable but not essential
- Any experience of ITIL and service management tools would be beneficial
- Any experience of taking a lead or mentoring staff would be highly desirable
- Strong customer service focused Senior Network Engineer and passionate about improving user experience and service
Please apply early as the closing date may be held earlier should sufficient applications be received.
Should you have any queries please get in contact on Digitalstaffrecruitment@arts.ac.uk
UAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environments for all staff and students to work and learn – a university where we can be ourselves and reach our full potential. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.
Register for job alerts
Unable to find a role that matches your current requirments? Keep up to date with future opportunities to be part of our world leading university.
Our staff development programme can help you focus your skills and grow your academic career.
We value the diversity of all our staff and the enrichment this brings to our community.
Our staff have access to a range of benefits, which recognise and reward their contributions